Full written recipe for Baingan ka bharta
• Eggplants/brinjal 3 medium size
• Garlic 10-12 cloves
• Green chillies 2-3 nos.
• Mustard oil 1 tbsp
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Ginger 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Onions 2-3 medium size (chopped)
• Tomatoes 2-3 medium size (chopped)
• Salt to taste
• Green peas (hare matar) 3/4th cup
• Powdered spices:
1. Turmeric powder a pinch
2. Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
3. Coriander powder 1 tbsp
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Make incisions on the on the eggplant with a small knife and stuff in the cavity with garlic and green chillies. Apply mustard oil all over the eggplant.
• Now, Roast the eggplant over an open flame keeping the flame low, char them until they are soft, turn and flip the sides in regular interval.
• Now, carefully remove the skin, and roughly chop the roasted eggplants along with green chillies and garlic cloves.
• Now, set a pan on medium heat, add oil and chopped ginger, lightly cook the ginger for 1-2 minutes, further add onions, and cook them on medium high flame until they start to get some colour.
• Now, add tomatoes and salt to taste, cook the tomatoes until they are mushy.
• Further, add green peas and powdered spices, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
• Now add, the cooked & chopped eggplant, stir well and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes, baingan ka bharta is done, you can eat it at this stage as well, but I prefer to cook for few more minutes for that distinct flavour.
• Cover and cook for 10 minutes, do stir in regular intervals.
• Baingan ka bharta is ready, check for the seasoning and finish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with roti or paratha of your choice.
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3g4OjmW
(Best for independent creators)